Friday 28 March 2008

Kilkenny to Killarney

For the second day I wanted to end up in Killarney but had enough time to detour down through some picturesque routes... plus lunch in Cork (B). By the way, never believe sat-nav in Cork - it tried to send me the wrong way down every one-way street in the city, and I went round in many, many circles. Looks like a nice place, apart from the traffic.


View Larger Map


On the way I passed Carriganass Castle (C) - it says hi:




The Beara peninsula (D), by the way, is absolutely stunning - I kind of wish I'd gone round it properly instead of doing the Ring of Kerry. Hey ho. I can particularly recommend the twisty tunnelly mountain part of the N71 between Glengarriff and Kenmare.




Killarney National Park (E) is pretty nice too; I only went through it this once, on the way to Killarney while the light was failing, but it looks well worth a revisit.

No comments: